No teen wants their orthodontic treatment on display - so it’s a good thing we offer Invisalign® Teen at our practice! This treatment is so discreet that no one needs to know they’re having treatment.
What is Invisalign® Teen?
Invisalign® Teen is our Invisalign® treatment for teenagers. It works the same way as Invisalign® for adults - with one difference. The custom aligners our teens receive contain blue wear indicators to help teens remember to wear them for the recommended 22 hours a day.
Invisalign® Teen aligners are clear and discreet, and conveniently removable. This means that teens don’t need to eat special meals during treatment, or adjust their brushing and flossing routine. Teens can even take their aligners out for special events or pictures!
How does Invisalign® for
During your teen’s complimentary consultation, we’ll use our cutting-edge 3D scanner to make a digital model of their teeth and jaws. This model will be used to accurately plan their treatment from start to finish.
After we design your teen’s custom aligners, we will give them a few sets at a time. Each set is shaped differently to slowly move their teeth into the optimal positions. Dr. Todor will let your teen know when it’s time to switch to a new set of aligners at home!
We can even pair your teen’s treatment with Dental Monitoring. This smartphone app allows Dr. Todor to track their treatment progress remotely - and all they need to do is send a weekly smile selfie! This means they won’t need to book as many appointments at our office during treatment.
just got faster
At Todorthodontics, we offer the Vpro5 hands-free device to all our Invisalign® Teen patients. If teens use the Vpro5 for five minutes a day, it can reduce their overall treatment time by up to 50%! You can ask us more about this accelerated treatment option during your first consultation.
Benefits of Invisalign®
treatment for teenagers
- Discreet - Because they are made from clear plastic, Invisalign® aligners are virtually invisible during treatment.
- Comfortable - Invisalign® clear aligners don’t contain any pokey metal, it’s just smooth, custom-fitting plastic!
- Convenient - Teens can easily wear aligners during their favorite after school activities, and they don’t need to change their diet or oral hygiene routine during treatment.
- Fewer appointments - Because aligners don’t need regular adjustment appointments like braces, and because we offer the Dental Monitoring app for remote check-ins, teens won’t need to worry about many interruptions from school.
- Better health - A straighter smile means fewer places for plaque to hide, and less chances of tooth decay or injury. Invisalign® treatment can also assist with eating, breathing, or speech difficulties!